Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Day: 4

Sunday




We were going to go skiing but work got in the way.  Again.  So to compromise, a bit of extra time visiting them.  I'll take it. 
Monday

I decided to take a different route home.  I'm glad I'd stuck the camera in the car before I left.  There was a moment of peace.

Tuesday


It took 2 hours longer and had me go over 2 passes instead of 1, but in the end it was worth it for the visit.  

Wednesday

I forget about the winter greens of the west side when I haven't been there in awhile.

Thursday


Being with someone like her for one day is exhausting...let alone three.  It's an effort not to push back...but I'm learning bit by bit how not to.  

Friday  

I took a half hour detour to get an order.  2.5 hours later, once home and the first bite eaten, I declared the butter chicken more than worth it.

Saturday

Me coming back when he is leaving.  Seeing each other only in passing.

_ _ _ _ _

Now playing: Keep Your Heart Young by Brandi Carlile

.

11 comments:

  1. Yes the western winter can be an overwhelming experience for those used to more muted tones :) All our colour is leached from the sky and goes into our flora instead. Although this winter has been unusually dry so far.

    Glad you saw the little one!

    Sounds like a bittersweet week all in all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that statement 'all the colour is leached from the sky...'. That's a brilliant description Kate!

      I only got to see Julian briefly because we got there late and children have bedtimes but still it was a good visit. I think he remembered me this time since only a month has passed. That was cool!

      Delete
  2. well rach, i am so glad you're taking your camera with you again - you have such a wonderful eye, everything you capture looks like magic!
    hopefully this coming week will give you a little time to relax? i'm going to hope so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliment on my photos! That's the great benefit of doing these weeks...I am taking the camera almost everywhere and I think in january I took more photos than i did in the whole of last year!

      Delete
  3. These ups and downs, they make up our lives. Off to listen to Keep Your Heart Young. I like the title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true! And yet...some weeks it would help if the ups and downs were a bit more equal. Did you like Keep Your Heart Young? It's got silly lyrics in a way but the message is far from it.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I liked it a lot. Those silly lyrics make me think of a young heart, and mind. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Your Thursday picture is gorgeous. Hope things get a little calmer soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phoe! Well, I'm actually in the calm period right now but thanks for the thought! ;)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful week of scenes. Moments like that amidst the less-than-ideal that daily life sometimes brings are like balms aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is another thing I love about this project. While some days it's a more negative feeling associated with the photo, I don't want each day to focus only on the bad...I don't want to go back and read those any more than you do. So it is making me aware of the good things...the balms as you say. This awareness of the good things is helping my overall outlook.

      Delete

I'm having trouble with email management so i'm trying a different approach and replying to comments with comments on each post. Please bear with me while I see if this will work for both you and me. If you hit the 'subscribe by email' link (below right), my responses will come straight to your inbox.