Sunday
I'd been staring at this same passage which needed editing for hours when finally it clicked. What a weight that will be lifted when this gets done.
Monday
I'd forgotten about the ice now buried. It was more ungraceful ice-skating than walking, but worth it. Nothing compares to the silence of the world blanketed in snow.
Tuesday
I love NE Oregon for a variety of reasons. One of my favorite things? The combination of the beautiful red bark of Ponderosa pines and snow.
Wednesday
Thursday
Almost every time I see these rocks after a snow, Bev Doolittle springs to mind. Not a bad thing to focus on for a few minutes.
Friday
I still worry about her. But pulling her out and getting her special feed has eased some of that worry for the time being.
Saturday
This week I was asked to focus on 'what I need'. Which lead to a week of frustration, revelation, pain and relief, testing the limits...in other words, progress.
_ _ _ _ _
Now playing: Little Fire by Patty Griffin and EmmyLou Harris
.







You are so right about nothing comparing to the silence of a world blanketed in snow. There is a beauty to snow that would be impossible to explain to someone who has never experienced it. Although that beauty starts to lose its shine by the middle of February, or if I have to drive in it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures. Almost makes me miss the snow.... ALMOST! Glad you had an editing breakthrough.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures, although the words tell me it was a stressful week. I hope today finds you time to breathe.
ReplyDelete(By the way, you know you can talk to me at any time about editing right? I work with lots of people in your shoes - esp researchers and academics!)
~Kate
It goes without saying that Friday's photo is my favorite because it has one of your critters as the main subject :)
ReplyDeleteYou will probably appreciate this story with your love for animals: We have a white hare living in our yard; he burrows himself in under our mugo and sometimes shields himself from snow under our patio furniture...well Tencents, our geriatric cat goes crazy watching him and scratching at the window...funny thing is he kind of looks like the cat (all white with a dirty face) except for the long ears. Makes for entertainment for at least ten minutes. I have been trying to get a photo for weeks but he completely blends into the snow and of course the thing terrifies me so I won't go near it!
Raina
such a lovely life, even with the struggles. thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Always beautiful. I hope this week is better for you! And I owe you so many emails!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how simply staring can sometimes help. Perhaps it allows the space necessary for the answer. Cheers to your earned progress.
ReplyDeleteoh thank you for all these photos of snow. it's been raining here for pete's sake! i miss the snow so much. you photos are just gorgeous.
ReplyDeletegrowth can certainly be painful, but like you said, the progress is worth it in the end. here's to another good week!
(which i know is almost half over, you're not the only one who's behind on her computering!)
-melissa
Gorgeous, gorgeous, pictures. I agree...I love the red tree trunks against the white snow. We don't have either one of those here, so that was a new sight for me. :)
ReplyDelete