Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Day : 3

Sunday

It finally dawned on me that I could combine what I 'should' eat (steel cut oats and ground flax seed) with what I 'want' to eat (eggs, cheese, red peppers flakes, salt/pepper).  

Monday

The section that has been giving me headaches has finally been sent to him.  I decided to reward myself an evening off. 

Tuesday



We saw it more than 2 weeks ago but I still find my thoughts going back to it almost daily.*  


Wednesday

I needed the sleep so allowed myself the luxury.  When I woke up, later than usual, I was greeted with beautiful January morning sunlight streaming through the east facing windows.

Thursday

I'd been thinking I needed to make time for this since October.  Thinking isn't doing.  Today, armed with my bright, cold weather socks, I carved out 15 minutes to 'do'.

Friday  

Unethical behavior.  It bothers me no matter the occasion but when it happens in your field, you take it even more personally.  The question that has plagued me all day?  Is there anything I can do about it?  There are never easy answers.

Saturday

Gaining flexibility is not just about hamstrings...it's also about mental flexibility.  The latter is far more challenging for me.

*In A Better World (see trailer here)

_ _ _ _ _

Now playing:  In a Better World soundtrack by Johan Söderqvist


.

7 comments:

  1. Your post reminds me that I had promised myself I would do some spinning this past weekend (I haven't used my wheel since I got Fergus almost a year ago). The weekend has gone by and no spinning happened. Good for you for getting in 15 minutes!

    Here is an oatmeal/egg recipe you might like:
    http://www.katheats.com/recipage?recipe_id=6000104

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these glimpses into your week, thank you.

    I am so jealous of your sunshine. We were supposed to have it all week, but we are stuck in a crazy inversion so it is super sunny and even a bit warm at higher elevations, and totally grey, misty and cold down at sea level. The rain is due back on Wednesday and the sun has yet to break through.

    I know you wrestle internally with things, hope you had someone you could talk to about the ethical issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday is my favorite - reminds me with all the cleansing I have not had a really good egg in a long time. I am totally due!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beauty. I love that last shot, so minimal. And your breakfast looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so glad you made some time for spinning! i need to do the same thing.
    i kinda want to eat your breakfast... and that last picture is absolute perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to break out my wheel sometime soon. I prefer to spin in the spring, though, so I can sit outside. Too cold for that.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having trouble with email management so i'm trying a different approach and replying to comments with comments on each post. Please bear with me while I see if this will work for both you and me. If you hit the 'subscribe by email' link (below right), my responses will come straight to your inbox.