Friday, November 16, 2012
FO's: Felted Clogs
You know how in Ravelry, the WIPs are the first thing you see when you visit a project page? I actually don't mind having many projects on the needles because it gives me variety. However, I seem opposed to having the WIPS go more than 2 rows on my project page...meaning no more than 8 things on the needles at one time. I can't explain why 2 rows are the limit...? Whatever the case, all of a sudden I found myself with more than 8 WIPs and needed to do something about it! Luckily this didn't require finishing a sweater. It required finishing up several small projects that only needed a few hours of time at most for each. So when my knitting mojo finally started returning, I had a finishing party! Here's the first.
Another pair of felted clogs for my mom. She had let me know last winter that her first pair of felted clogs were started to wear holes on the soles. Combine that with the fact that she retired last spring from teaching, and it seemed I had a perfect retirement gift. Alas, I didn't get them done by the retirement date, nor before I headed into the field, but why would she use felted wool clogs in the summer anyway? That's what I'm telling myself. I finished them up in October, felted them while my folks were here for a visit to make sure I got the size right (the last ones I guessed and they were a bit big) and then added the Knit Picks leather pads on the bottoms with the hopes that would help them wear a bit longer.
Have a great weekend everybody!
_ _ _ _ _
Now playing: The Boy With the Moon and Star on His Head by Cat Stevens
.
5 comments:
I'm having trouble with email management so i'm trying a different approach and replying to comments with comments on each post. Please bear with me while I see if this will work for both you and me. If you hit the 'subscribe by email' link (below right), my responses will come straight to your inbox.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Good job! Your mom will love them. PERFECT retirement gift.
ReplyDeleteVery cute, and I'm sure they will be well-used and loved! I had no idea Knit Picks sold leather pads -- great tip.
ReplyDeleteThose look so cozy, Rachel.
ReplyDeletegorgeous! i love the colors.
ReplyDelete-melissa
Cool! The little pads seem like a great idea.
ReplyDelete