Wednesday, May 11, 2016
It has begun...
2 males born healthy so far...the top and bottom photos are Muriel's 2 day old calf. He was born the day I headed north. I told John to wait to tag him until I got up there because Muriel is one protective mama and she'd probably attack him. He thought I was exaggerating and so he tried anyway...Muriel almost took him out! With me there this morning, she was anxious but behaved herself and let us take care of him.
The middle photo is Dot's week old calf (born before I got up here)...he is quite the little pill. I had to catch him today to get an eartag in him (momma wouldn't let John anyway near her or her kid before I got up here) so he is pretty unhappy with me at the moment. He'll forget in a few days...
Between fires and babies, it's been a stressful start to the new season...back in a bit.
_ _ _ _ _
Now playing: Something in Red by Lorrie Morgan
.
5 comments:
I'm having trouble with email management so i'm trying a different approach and replying to comments with comments on each post. Please bear with me while I see if this will work for both you and me. If you hit the 'subscribe by email' link (below right), my responses will come straight to your inbox.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you made it there safely! Keep posting!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sue! I'm going to try (although you'll hear from me more often than that!)
DeleteGosh... So sweet. They look new to this world, still trying to figure it all out.
ReplyDeleteThat is the sweet, innocent phase that lasts about 3 to 4 days. And then, somehow at 4 days, they turn into obstinate teenagers! BUT...still completely cute.
DeleteI've been thinking of you and hope you are well. The babies are so cute...what's up with the tourist in Yellowstone thinking they can pick up baby elk?! Saw your post on reading...just printed out my new bingo card!
ReplyDelete