Sunday
Monday
The revision has been submitted. Actually that should be 'THE REVISION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!'. Such a simple statement for something that took months. I can't even begin to describe the weight that will slowly be coming off with that done.
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
And so it begins today...the worst part of my job. Hiring technicians...but in particular, calling potential applicants. I have 20 interviews set up over 4 days (I'm taking a break on Sunday from it). We'll see if my voice holds out since ordinarily, I rarely speak most days.
Friday
It was supposed to come down as rain. I like the snow better. It gave me a chance to practice shooting falling snow. If you look close, you can see a heart-shaped flake.
Saturday
What a long week. But it was extremely productive for both of us. Tonight we get to relax finally. Planning to make this with some naan from this cookbook. Plus this again (maybe with the addition of some dark chocolate chunks?)...while watching this and maybe also this if we have time._ _ _ _ _
Now playing: Luck of the Draw by Bonnie Raitt
.







Congrats on getting your revision submitted! I hope you have a celebration planned.
ReplyDeleteYour Tuesday entry sounds very mysterious. Please keep us posted. :-)
Thanks Kristie! I think we are delaying the celebration because we are a couple weeks from submitting another HUGE manuscript that if possible is even more complex (~340 pages). My thought was celebrate twice, but I don't think John could with this other one looming over us right now. It's currently in my hands to edit so we are close!
DeleteIn terms of the mystery...somehow we ended up with the potential funds for 2 huge projects to start this year...one with caribou in Canada and one with elk in Idaho. The latter involves raising some more animals. It was looking like we'd have to do that this year in addition to the work in Canada and I just had no idea how it was all going to get done...we pull off the 'impossible' field project all the time but I have yet to figure out how I can be in two places at one time. But the funds got delayed...it's now official. It doesn't diminish the problem, just delays it...but that is still helpful in the here and now.
Love your heart shaped snowflake
ReplyDeleteIt made me smile when I noticed it!
Deletehooray for a submitted revision!!
ReplyDeleteand hip hip hooray for squirrels!! those cheeky little buggers are my favorite!
ps - i forgot to mention how much i love tuesday's photo!
DeleteAw, thanks for the hooray! And how did I forget that squirrels were your favorite (quite the opposite of Kate!)? I have many opportunities to catch them on film...I'll be on the lookout so I can post more!
DeleteTuesday's photo is different from my typical stuff. But that day, the bright colors of the fire hydrant just made me smile so I had to shoot it.
oh yes.. the squirrel is maybe the only thing kate and i don't see eye to eye on... :)
DeleteEverytime I look at your wintry photos, I am reminded of the contrast in our daily lives. Beautiful! I love the falling snow picture, especially.
ReplyDeleteYes, quite the difference between Oregon and Texas! When I see you posing on green grass in January, I'm reminded of that as well!
Deletebeautiful photos and, yes, mysterious story-telling. We're all intrigued!
ReplyDeleteThank H! And see above on the mystery...
DeleteOh Rachel, so happy for you that the revision has been submitted!!
ReplyDeleteWould love to hear how you liked the movies.
Jealous of the snow, we've had really nothing of significance in town this year. Have to get up the ski hill and at least go for a walk in it!
(Knew Melissa would like the squirrel, cheeky things.)
You, more than most, know what sort of accomplishment that is. In the reply to Kristie, you'll see that we are close to submitting another (John is lead on that one, me second author) and I'm editing it right now. That one will be an even bigger relief to get submitted!
DeleteAs for the movies...Argo was excellent. I didn't really know the story and they made it very suspenseful. Just very well done (and kudos you Canadians!!). The other, we never got to. Watched a Doc Watson and a X-files episode instead...too exhausted to want to read subtitles that night. We'll likely get to it this weekend.
What a sweet face in that first picture. :) Love the close up of the squirrel. I love watching them when they're not destroying something on my house. lol
ReplyDeleteYeah, that little stinker deer will not accept she shouldn't be in the fenced portion of the yard. She gets in almost every day and looks at me with that face and then I feel guilty kicking her out! They all know I'm a sucker.
Delete