Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Day: 7

Sunday


He finally made it home.  To celebrate: home-made pizza followed by one of our favorite desserts (using home-grown frozen raspberries and home-baked bread), a bit of wine for him and port for me, and a movie.      

Monday


I understand why it has to be this way but I don't think they understand how much more difficult the hiring process will be for me.  Of course I doubt they care.

Tuesday

To sit and laugh and talk with friends (and knit or spin!) is one of the highlights of my week.

Wednesday

It's been warm enough that the majority of ice and snow has melted and we can resume walks up 'our' hill.  Thanks Anne for braving it with me today.  I think we both needed the exertion.

Thursday


We aren't Valentine's Day people.  But this year I wanted to do a little something.  He's been dutifully skipping his BK cinnabon rolls for baked oatmeal every day.  So today I started his day off with a treat (cornily rolled into hearts)**.

Friday  

Somehow I've lost a day this week.  It's disorienting to say the least.
 
Saturday

I don't know if it really was that funny or if we both just needed to laugh from the exhaustion of the week.  But I haven't laughed that hard in a long time (it's dark humor so unless you appreciate that style, I wouldn't recommend).


** I totally blame Pinterest for making me do that.  If I had seen it once, I would have ignored it but over the course of a few days I saw the idea dozens of times.  I think I was brainwashed and thus unable to resist the totally-out-of character-for-me 'cutesy' presentation.  John proclaimed them delicious but I know he was actually wondering where in the h*ll his normal wife was and whether she was okay.  Just so you know...I halved that recipe (cuz good lord, it makes a lot of rolls) and then half of that went immediately into the freezer.  They were okay rolls...I needed something simple and quick to make the night before and they fit the bill.  Next time though it will be the master's.
_ _ _ _ _

Now playing: Can't Get It Right Today by Joe Purdy


.

12 comments:

  1. I just love reading your week.

    That's all I have to say here and now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rachel. We keep Valentine's Day pretty low key over here too. It was the day we ate my homemade pizza. I think it was a homemade pizza kind of week. Maybe Friday was meant to get lost. Loving the gorgeous scenery here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you made home-made pizza for V-day...sounds perfect. We eat it about twice per month in our house. Our favorite!

      Delete
  3. i pretty much just have to agree with kate.
    i'm really enjoying this new style of posts from you rach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm surprised I've kept it up so long but I do love the style.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ah, you've seen it! Good to know that it wasn't just us! I read mixed reviews...most people thought it was hilarious but some folks thought the humor was just disgusting!

      Delete
  5. Love that last picture. : ) And the cinnamon roll hearts were a good idea. That's about as fancy as we get around Valentine's day, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That deer is pretty use to me photographing her...but she always chooses that spot so that I can never get a clear shot of her!

      The heart rolls were interesting...the picture is of the best ones. Most sort of got smashed together so they didn't look like hearts anymore!

      Delete
  6. Ha! Sometimes, corny is good.
    I actually enjoyed Death at a Funeral, too. I saw it when it first came out, and have been wanting a rewatch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two people that enjoyed that movie!! So it wasn't just me! I know the US did a remake but I doubt I'd see that one...in my opinion the british always do it better. ;)

      Delete

I'm having trouble with email management so i'm trying a different approach and replying to comments with comments on each post. Please bear with me while I see if this will work for both you and me. If you hit the 'subscribe by email' link (below right), my responses will come straight to your inbox.