Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

A fun request


I am home.  Physically I've been home for about 2 weeks but mentally I think I finally settled in this past weekend.  I've talked briefly about the adjustment period before.   Each year I think I'll be able to handle it better and yet each year it still takes much longer than I care to admit.  And yet, when I stop to think about it, I'm actually surprised that it doesn't take longer.   Every six months I go through a 180 degree change in lifestyle.  Life is hard in the field but it's simpler.  And so when I come home I get overwhelmed.  Overstimulated.  I heard a phrase this weekend on a beloved podcast that spoke to part of the issue and so the phrase has stuck with me:  paralyzed with possibilities.  

I have many things to share.  I did go mushroom picking (amazing haul), I did go to the fiber festival (amazing haul of a different sort), I did start a craftsy class, and I am slowly working through finishing up some knits.  Some of this to come...    

--------

And now something a little different.  This weekend I saw a similar post on a friend's facebook page and realized that I had committed to a book challenge a month ago and then promptly forgot. I rarely post on facebook and even more rarely participate in these chain things because in the past I never had any luck with them (and oh, how disappointed I always was). But I do love books and I do love mail and so whatever...we'll give it a shot. Even if I receive no books, I'll be passing a beloved book on to someone to enjoy and that's good enough! So help me out here...I know several of you are book lovers and this seems like a fun challenge.  You can repost on facebook, your blog, IG, or Twitter if you are interested in joining in.  Whatever is your fancy.

BOOK CHALLENGE!!
 

I am looking for at least 6 people (more are welcome!) to participate in a book exchange. You can be based anywhere in the world. All you have to do is buy ONE book you love and send it to one person. Yep, just one person. In exchange, you will receive up to 36 books.
Think about all the cool new stuff you could learn! It's easy to just make an Amazon/Chapters purchase and have it delivered to the correct address. Plus, you'll have a mysterious new pen pal.
If you're interested, just comment on this post and I will email you the details.  If you are concerned that the books you receive won't be to your liking, never fear -- just donate it to the library and I'm sure that it will be loved by someone.  FYI, you would be sending a book to Abbortsford British Columbia (one of my past technicians who is seriously the nicest, most gracious person I have ever met!). 

 


3 comments:

  1. Paralysed by possibilities - that's such a good way of describing it! Hope you settle in soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not good at transitions however, if I practice thinking about the transition then I'm better at it...weird! Have fun settling in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen -- I do try to think about the transition and it makes me feel more ready to deal...but then it seems to fall apart!

      Delete

I'm having trouble with email management so i'm trying a different approach and replying to comments with comments on each post. Please bear with me while I see if this will work for both you and me. If you hit the 'subscribe by email' link (below right), my responses will come straight to your inbox.