Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Day: 10

A little late this week...a few days in the field put me behind.  It's that time of year again.

Sunday



We took the time to go visit it.  Too muddy and too late in the day to do more than sit and plan and long for the future, but we both needed the trip.  

Monday

She's a little houdini. I think she climbs up on the garage roof to get in.  When I gently suggest she leave, that's the way she goes out.  Ornery...you can see it in the face.

Tuesday

Almost halfway there.  I won't know until I finish and ply it but so far I'm in love.

Wednesday

250+ pages of edits later...it's been sent back to him to work through.  This manuscript is a long time coming and there will be much celebration when it is finally submitted. 

Thursday


I needed the call.  I hate that I needed the call.  Slowly I'm accepting that it's okay to need support but it's a hard one for me.

Friday  

It's almost a dream come true...if only it had happened a few years earlier before film was considered dead.  Still -- this may be my only chance to 'play with' a medium format camera.  It's on loan until fall...whether I decide to buy it remains the question.
 
Saturday

#3 accepted.  Technicians are hired.  Oh the relief.
_ _ _ _ _

Now playing: Alice by Cheryl Wheeler


.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you got out, even if it was too muddy.

    Deer are crazy good at getting in behind fences, aren't they? Drives my Dad batty.

    Good luck on the edit being almost done, and yay for hiring being done.

    Nice spinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think of deer as particularly smart...I find elk to be smarter. But they are little houdinis. Elk can get to the same places deer do but they just go through the fences so you are much more aware of how they get in and out. Deer though make me scratch my head.

      We are days from submitting this new manuscript...it is, in total with figures etc, over 300 pages and about 5 years in coming. I hope there is time to celebrate when it happens, but there may not be...it may have to wait until next winter which is quite a sad commentary on our life come to think of it!

      Delete
  2. Amazing photos!

    Film is getting really hard to find as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! Yeah, both getting actual film and getting it processed. That's why I may love the camera but not end up buying it. I don't think I can turn down the offer if he only wants a couple hundred dollars (he is loaning me at least $10K worth of body and lenses) but if it is more than that, I likely won't just because in a couple years film or processing may be completely obsolete rather than just hard to find.

      Delete
  3. I have a feeling we'll be dealing with a few sneaky deer once we plant our garden. And rabbits. And gophers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, now that you are in the 'country' you will get to deal with the critters. For deer, electric fence works wonders FYI...just put up a couple strands with some T-posts around the garden and stick a solar energizer on it and you'll be good to go. You are on your own for rabbits and gophers though!

      Delete
  4. it sounds like this was a week for things to be coming together - from hirings, to spinning, to enjoying being outside whatever the weather!
    and an especially large hurray!! for the manuscript progress! that must be a wonderful feeling to know you're so close to the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that thought...a week for things coming together. Yes, yes it was. Thanks for altering my perspective to something more positive!

      The hard thing about that 'wonderful feeling' is that as soon as it is done, we move right on to the next big thing without a breath or a thought. But deep down, I think we'll both at least sigh of relief a little bit when it gets submitted.

      Delete

I'm having trouble with email management so i'm trying a different approach and replying to comments with comments on each post. Please bear with me while I see if this will work for both you and me. If you hit the 'subscribe by email' link (below right), my responses will come straight to your inbox.