Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Back in the states...


Hi Friends...just wanted to let you know that I'm safely back in the states after a few unexpected delays (I actually couldn't leave until almost a month later than first anticipated).  We considered it a successful field season but the challenges were many and though it sounds melodramatic to say it...they damn near defeated us. 

Exhausted...mentally and physically.

I'm not really sure when I'll be back to this space or yours...I've only been home a few days and yet I can already tell that the transition and adjustment back to 'normal' life will take longer than in past years.  I'm not sure if it is because I was gone so long or something completely different.  I'm feeling overstimulated by sights and sounds...by 'stuff'...by people...by the internet... All this is normal for me when I come out of the field but somehow it feels 'worse' this year...more intimidating...more suffocating...and I'm floundering a bit.

I hope you all are well and had a wonderful summer and fall.  Even though I'm not ready to return to blog world quite yet, I would love if you would point me to a few posts that would catch me up on what's been happening in your worlds...it may take me a bit to get to them but they will be waiting when I'm ready.

_ _ _ _ _

Now playing:  Where Have All Your Good Words Gone by Laura Gibson
  

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'd noticed your name pop up in my Pinterest field again and was glad to see you back. I've been pretty quiet on my blog while you were away, so nothing in particular to point you toward. Just happy to "see" you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel. So nice to see you here. Gorgeous photograph. You could simply peruse my pins on Pinterest as a quiet entry back into Internetland. Take it easy. We'll see you when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you and thought of you often, wondering where you were. I'm sorry you're having a tough time. Maybe you need to be quiet on the internet and just enjoy the holidays. I'd love to hear how your field work went. As for catching up, I'd love for you to meet Iain: http://work-in-progress.typepad.com/work-in-progress/2013/06/my-sweetest-fo.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is always lovely to hear from you! i'm glad you're back and echo the comments of take your time and enjoy a quiet transition back to non-field life.
    if you want a quick smile, here's lily dressed up as gandalf the grey for halloween:

    http://knittingsandwich.typepad.com/sandwich/2013/11/happy-halloween.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back and home safe! You know we'll all be here for you when you're ready. :) Since I'm such a diligent blogger (HA!), I'll just refer you to my FB page to catch you up on our craziness. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

I'm having trouble with email management so i'm trying a different approach and replying to comments with comments on each post. Please bear with me while I see if this will work for both you and me. If you hit the 'subscribe by email' link (below right), my responses will come straight to your inbox.